After spending a nice week with no work and doing whatever I wanted (for the most part), I was kind of ready to return to work on Monday. We were invited to a friend's house on Sunday evening to grill out and hang with some other friends of ours as well. Before we left, Kellen and Brooke got into a fight. This was no surprise since they had spent a lot of the week together. This turned into a fist fight and Kellen punched Brooke and Brooke punched him back, I stopped it and the whole thing was like 10 seconds.
Later, Kellen shows me that his hand is swollen and starting to bruise. We iced it and he seemed OK, but still swollen. I figured he sprained his finger when he hit Brooke (she ducked and he barely got her on the back of her head). So we went on the our friend's house. The next day it was still swollen and looked like it had gotten worse.....off to the hospital we went. Turns out, his hand was broken just under his pinky finger. They call it a "boxer's fracture" because if you hit something and just barely catch it with the side of your fist, it jams the little finger into the hand. I guess this happens a lot for boxers. They splinted it, gave us the bone doctor's number, and sent us home. I got him in on Wednesday to get the cast put on (he got a blue one, they took it off this past friday--he's fine).
Meanwhile, my back had started hurting during the week I was off and I had become numb around my torso on the left side. Now I have had back problems before but it was the numbness that sent me to the doctor. I got in on Tuesday (the day after Kellen's hospital trip) and the doctor told me to get an MRI done. I did this on Thursday. Remember now, I have used all of my vacation days, I don't get paid sick days so I am not getting paid for any of this off time running to doctors and hospitals.
It takes two weeks to get the MRI result and get into the doctor to talk about them. I have degenerative discs, a bulging disc and a protruding disc.....nice. Meahwhile I have been in pain a lot and I have missed more time at work. My doctor referred me to a neurologist and I am still trying to get an appointment with them. I have felt ok this week so I haven't missed any work since last week.
There is even more stuff going on at work as this saga continues and I may be out of a job soon. More on that another day.
Sorry for these downer posts but this is all that is going on right now. OH wait! Sean will be here Monday and we are going to Tennessee next weekend. So those are some good things and I will have plenty to post about then.
Thanks to my good friends who listen and are supportive. I am so glad to have you!
Getting Back in the Groove
6 hours ago



3 comments:
Just concentrate on the good things, Sean being home, going on that trip, having being diagnosed,... The good will prevail!
Well my, my aren't you just having a bunch of fun. and nothing says "Summer" like brawls and BBQ!
I'll keep my fingers crossed that things take a turn for the much for cheerful in your corner of the country; and that your discs straighten up, tuck in properly and behave themselves!
I'll just wait quietly here to hear the next installment. :)
I'm sorry to hear that you've been having problems, but I'd rather 'real' blog post that's a true reflection of you and what's going on. I hope the neurologist can help you out, that things work out with the job and that everything else starts looking up for you.
Post a Comment