Breaking Habits

They say it takes two weeks to break a habit. I hope that's true because I'm gearing myself up to go on a massive habit-breaking run.  I know it's probably better to do one thing at a time but for some reason, I've never been able to do things the easy way.

I have started a list and I figure I'll knock them all out at once. Guess we'll see where this goes. I've got a lot of stuff to do over the next few days so on Sunday, my two weeks will begin.

And of course, my list:

1.  Break off a negative relationship with a "friend" that has become a bad habit.  Yes it's a guy, but I'm so over it, just need to completely break ties. This one will be the hardest.

2. I've gotten in the habit of taking my kids for granted. They are so independent that I forget sometimes that they do still need me whether they like it or not. I need to plan more things to do together as a family. I'm sure they'll love that, ha, I can hear the groans now hehe. This will be a fun one.

3. A simple one ...... maybe. Stop grinding my teeth. Ugh, gives me a headache.

4. Stop worrying about everyone else's problems. I got enough to deal with. I need to take care of me for a while. Selfish, I know, but sometimes you just gotta do it.

I think that's enough for now. Even if I only accomplish half of that, I'll feel pretty good. Well as long as its the right half. Wish me luck, I'll need it!

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

0 comments:

Post a Comment