So, I'm not sure yet how this will go. Knowing me, it will probably turn into mindless ramblings about whatever, I have no idea. I'll try to get to my "About Me" sometime this week.
I do know that I am excited to start a new year. 2009 was not the best for me. I could sum it up as being the worst year ever but I am trying to stay optimistic. 2010 has to be better and I am looking forward to it! It's a little odd to me that we want to wait until a certain date for things to "get better" or change. I think the new year carries a feeling of new beginnings, a fresh start, a cleansing to the next chapter in life....deep, huh? For me, I do not get into the whole "new year's resolutions", but I do like to make lists. I have my list of personal goals, my list of goals to accomplish with and for my kids, and my to-do list for the pets and house. These are the "short lists" of things to get done in the year, not to be mistaken for the long list of things to accomplish in a certain chapter of life or a lifetime.
A few things from each list for example:
My personal goal list:
Do more for God and my fellow humanoids
Get my next academic year of school completed successfully
Look for a new job
List of goals for kids:
Kellen has a successful homeschool year and gets ready to go back to public school in the fall
Brooke gets through school without any more referrals (she talks WAY too much) and has a successful school year
Help Sean learn how to manage his money!
For the pets:
Bruno needs to have a dental done (probably in Feb.)
I need to spend more time with Matea and training. I want to get her ready to possibly do agility in the summer.
Find foster cat Chubby (Tiger) a home!
For the House:
Kitchen remodel *cringe* Must be done!!
Finish up the painting and tiling, remove carpet in living room
Get the place ready to put up for sale by year's end!
That's the main points so lots to do and no time for slacking. Get to work!
Getting Back in the Groove
6 hours ago



2 comments:
Hey, I am soooo looking forward to many more of your "rablings":)))) I prefer lists to NY resolutions, too. I haven't done them yet, I should. I cannot wait for 2009 to be over: I could never understand how people couldn't wait for a year to be over. Sure, you always hope that the next one will be better but this year I more than get it. But the New Year won't erase the past one, won't it? Let's just hope it's a better one anyway.
Do blog soon!
I agree Sandra. It won't be erased so we have to just make the next year better! It's nice to have good friends to help us with that. :-)
Post a Comment