Ever since the kids were babies, we have sung silly songs and as they got older we have done other silly things.
Our favorite song to sing to annoy each other is:
This is the song that never ends
It goes on and on my friend
some people started singing it not knowing what it was
and they'll continue singing it because..
This is the song that never ends
It goes on and on my friend
.........
You get the idea.
Another one I made up when the kids were little
I guess Sean was about 4 and Brooke was 2, I was trying to do dishes and they were both behind me in the kitchen whining about something or other.
So I started singing (to the tune of the Oscar Meyer hotdog song):
My Sean-y has a first name
It's w-h-i-n-e-r
My Sean-y has a second name
It's b-a-b-y
And all day long all he does is cry, cry, cry, cry, cry.
Of course, each kids name can be substituted. HAhahahaha
I still sing the song to them when they are being unreasonable about something silly.
The good thing about it, is once one of these songs are started, everyone joins in and we end up sitting in the living room singing all the silly songs we can think of.
Another goofy thing is from Sean's potty humor when he was younger. lol it's so stupid it's embarrassing....
OK, when anyone passes gas, ok I'll just say it... when anyone FARTS (who says passes gas?), everyone in the room has to spread their fingers, put their thumb to their forehead and the rest of their fingers point upwards. The last person to do this, "eats" the fart. This has added years of fun to our daily routine.
A side effect to this is when Sean was little he used to try to make himself fart and pooped his pants.
OMG, I am soooo embarrassed to admit all of this stuff! hehehehehehehehehe



5 comments:
we all need funny stuff in our daily lives:)) I don't think I can get that first song out of my head now.....
Thanks for your comment in my blog. My DD (dear daughter) sing a song like "this is a song that never ends" and it drives me crazy :)
my bologna has a first name... well that's just gonna be stuck in my head now. But, maybe it will take my mind off my surroundings! :)
Oh my GOSH! I totally forgot the NEVER ENDING SONG.
Cheri and Lambchop used to sing it and then my cousin and I would sing it to annoy each other/our parents.
Too funny!!
Here is a little ditty that I always sing near bedtime to my son.
Brush your teeth
Round and round
Cirles small
gums and all
A small soft toothbrush the round and round way
will keep your gums healthy
and fight tooth decay
so please very carefully 3 times a day
go round and round
round and round
I learned this on the school bus.
My son 'hates' it but sings it with me now.
Yep Katie, that is where we learned it...from Lambchop. lol
Love the toothbrush song!
Post a Comment