Ugh...computers. I don't know how we ever lived without them but they can be a huge pain in the behind sometimes!!
The source of my frustration for today?? The (fake) Internet Security 2010... the nice little virus brought to you by Trojan, the makers of worms, spies, and viruses. Yay me, thanks for the free gift! (sidenote: Yes, we have anti-virus software and so did the other people who got this virus in the past. whatevah)
I'm sure computer savvy people would have taken a mere 15 minutes to remove this thing but it took me all of 3 hours!! But, I still feel victorious because it saved the company over $200 (the amount the computer people wanted to charge us to remove it). After searching the internet for answers, which has always served me well in the past, I came up with a solution after much trial and error.
This was a nasty little bug and it seems I got the new and improved version (yay, me again!) because the things people did to remove the IS-2009 did not work for me. So, I did a little of this and a little more and a bit more, until I finally figured it out and got it completely off of my computer. VICTORY!!
Take that you Trojan idiots!
Getting Back in the Groove
6 hours ago



2 comments:
We had a computer get it this morning in the office... it's a nasty bugger. We DID call computer guy though... it does sort of make you scared to touch the computer...*gulp -
You are some techie to be able to do this. Kudos!
Post a Comment